Headline poetry (and found poetry, in general) is built on the notion that poetry is hiding all around us in the language we find in our everyday lives.
Signs, posters, bumper stickers, product labels, nutrition facts, magazines, mail… these provide the words that can create powerful poems.
Pull down the other menus in this thread for:
- Articles I use to create headline poetry lessons… from NCTE and other reliable sources
- Blog posts about how I’ve used headline poetry in my classrooms
- Tips to project while students work on their poems
- My short introductory Powerpoint to headline poetry
- Labels to print and use in your students’ poetry gallery walk
- Signs for your bulletin board or hallway
- Example headline poems… from my class, me, and other poems I’ve discovered