- 2013 Master of Art in Teaching (MAT), Missouri State University
- 1988 Bachelor of Science in Journalism (BSJ), University of Kansas
- Middle School ELA and Secondary English (Missouri 5-12)
- 2019-Present: Skyline Hickory Co. R-1 Schools
- Jr. and Sr. English, Novels, Composition
- 2011-2019: Kirbyville R-VI School District, Kirbyville Middle School
- 6th, 7th, 8th English Language Arts
- Feb. 2020: Write To Learn Conference; Mo. ILA, Mo. NCTE, MRI, Mo. WPN
- May 2019: Middle School Writing Conference; Presenter; MSU Center for Writing in College, Career and Community & Ozarks Writing Project
- Feb. 2019: Write to Learn Conference; Mo. ILA, Mo. NCTE, MRI, Mo. WPN
- Oct. 5-6, 2018: Writing & Thinking Conference; MSU Center for Writing in College, Career and Community & Ozarks Writing Project
- July 2018: MAP Standard Setting; DESE, Data Recognition Corp.
- Feb. 2018: Write To Learn Conference; Mo. ILA, Mo. NCTE, MRI, Mo. WPN
- Nov. 16, 2017: ELA Content Meeting; DESE, Missouri Writing Project
- Sept. 14, 2017: ELA Content Meeting; DESE, Missouri Writing Project
- July 2017: Branson Tech Institute; Branson R-IV School District
- Feb. 2017: Item Specification Workshop; DESE, Data Recognition Corp.
- July 2016: 6-12 ELA Examining Expectations & Exploring Instruction; DESE
- June 2016: MAP Standard Setting; DESE, Data Recognition Corp.
- Feb. 2016: Write to Learn Conference; NCTE/Mo. Writing Project
- Oct. 2014: Ozarks Writing Project Thinking and Writing Conference; MSU/OWP
- Sept. 2012: S. Truett Cathy Poverty Summit; College of the Ozarks
- May 2013: SMARTER Balanced ELA Assessment Overview; SW Mo RPDC
- August 2012: Springfield Literacy Institute Reach for the Stars; SPS
- August 2012: Active Shooter and Intruder Response Operator Course; Strategos, Intl.
- 2020: Junior Ella D.’s essay placed first at the local chapter level (Matilda Polk Chapter, Bolivar, Mo.) and also placed first in the state of Missouri in the Daughters of the American Revolution Christopher Columbus Essay Contest.
- 2020: Several juniors and seniors won prizes in the Ozarks Writers League Annual Youth Writing Contest. Awards were given as follows: Addysen G., 1st place poetry ($50); Savannah B., 2nd place poetry ($30); Ella D., 3rd place poetry ($20); Destiny H., 2nd place short story ($30); Angelina C., 3rd place short story ($20).
- 2020: Juniors Sam F., Hayley J. won honorable mention prizes at the regional level in Scholastic Art and Writing Awards
- 2019: Junior Maddy M. poem placed fourth in The Chisholm Trail Cowboy Poetry Contest; Chisholm Trail Heritage Center, Duncan, Okla.
- 2018: 8th-grader Joel R. and Allyson W. and 7th-grader Zach B. placed 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, respectively, in junior poetry division of the 2018 Outdoor Writers Association of America Norm Strung Youth Writing Awards
- 2018: 8th-grader Brooke S.’s poetry won “Gold Key Award” at regional level and “Silver Key Award” at national level in Scholastic Art and Writing Awards
- 2017-18: More than twenty students saw their work published in poetry anthologies
- 2018: 7th-grader Sara C.’s blended genre essay placed first at local and at state in Daughters of the American Revolution American History Essay Contest
- 2018: 6th-grader Noah R.’s blended genre essay placed first at local level in Daughters of the American Revolution American History Essay Contest
- 2018: Several students placed in the annual Ozark Writers League Youth Writing Contest. Seventh- and 8th-grade students earned the following awards: third place in Short Story, honorable mention in Short Story Characterization; third place in Poetry, first honorable mention in Poetry, honorable mention in Romance Fiction
- 2017: 8th-grader Elijah D.’s essay placed second in junior prose division in the Outdoor Writers Association of America’s Norm Strung National Youth Writing Awards
- 2017: 7th-grader Charles M.’s essay placed first at local, state, and district levels, progressing to national level; Daughters of the American Revolution American History Essay Contest
- 2016: 6th-grader Avery F.’s essay placed first at local level in Daughters of the American Revolution American History Essay Contest
- 2016-17: More than 30 students saw their work published in essay and poetry anthologies, local newspapers, and in online blog platforms
Special Awards and Honors
- 2015: Kirbyville R-VI School District Middle School Teacher of the Year
- 2018-19: National Junior Beta Club sponsor
Memberships and Affiliations
- Missouri State Teachers Association: Kirbyville R-VI CTA President, 2014-19
- National Council of Teachers of English
- Missouri Literacy Association (formerly Mo. State Council of Int’l. Reading Assoc.)