- 2013 Master of Art in Teaching (MAT), Missouri State University
- 1988 Bachelor of Science in Journalism (BSJ), University of Kansas
- Middle School ELA and Secondary English (Missouri 5-12)
- 2011-Present: Kirbyville R-VI School District, Kirbyville Middle School
- 6th, 7th, 8th English Language Arts
- Oct. 5-6, 2018: Writing & Thinking Conference; MSU Center for Writing in College, Career and Community; Ozarks Writing Project
- July 2018: MAP Standard Setting; DESE, Data Recognition Corp.
- Feb. 2018: Write To Learn Conference; Mo. ILA, Mo. NCTE, MRI, Mo. WPN
- Nov. 16, 2017: ELA Content Meeting; DESE, Missouri Writing Project
- Sept. 14, 2017: ELA Content Meeting; DESE, Missouri Writing Project
- July 2017: Branson Tech Institute; Branson R-IV School District
- Feb. 2017: Item Specification Workshop; DESE, Data Recognition Corp.
- July 2016: 6-12 ELA Examining Expectations & Exploring Instruction; DESE
- June 2016: MAP Standard Setting; DESE, Data Recognition Corp.
- Feb. 2016: Write to Learn Conference; NCTE/Mo. Writing Project
- Oct. 2014: Ozarks Writing Project Thinking and Writing Conference; MSU/OWP
- Sept. 2012: S. Truett Cathy Poverty Summit; College of the Ozarks
- May 2013: SMARTER Balanced ELA Assessment Overview; SW Mo RPDC
- August 2012: Springfield Literacy Institute Reach for the Stars; SPS
- August 2012: Active Shooter and Intruder Response Operator Course; Strategos, Intl.
- 2018: 8th-grade student’s poetry won “Gold Key Award” at regional level and “Silver Key Award” at national level in Scholastic Art and Writing Awards
- 2017-18: More than twenty students saw their work published in poetry anthologies
- 2018: 7th-grade student’s blended genre essay placed first at local and state levels in Daughters of the American Revolution American History Essay Contest
- 2018: 6th-grade student’s blended genre essay placed first at local level in Daughters of the American Revolution American History Essay Contest
- 2018: Several students placed in the annual Ozark Writers League Youth Writing Contest. Seventh- and 8th-grade students earned the following awards: third place in Short Story, honorable mention in Short Story Characterization; third place in Poetry, first honorable mention in Poetry, honorable mention in Romance Fiction
- 2017: 8th-grade student’s essay placed second in junior prose division in the Outdoor Writers Association of America’s Norm Strung National Youth Writing Awards
- 2017: 7th-grade student’s essay placed first at local, state, and district levels, progressing to national level; Daughters of the American Revolution American History Essay Contest
- 2016: 6th-grade student’s American history essay placed first at local level in Daughters of the American Revolution American History Essay Contest
- 2016-17: More than 30 students saw their work published in essay and poetry anthologies, local newspapers, and in online blog platforms
Special Awards and Honors
- 2015: Kirbyville R-VI School District Middle School Teacher of the Year
- 2017-18: National Junior Beta Club sponsor
Memberships and Affiliations
- Missouri State Teachers Association: Kirbyville R-VI CTA President, 2014-Present
- National Council of Teachers of English
- Missouri Literacy Association (formerly Mo. State Council of Int’l. Reading Assoc.